Choosing a Church
Deciding what church building to worship God at is a hard process. Many people have given up the practice of going to church in frustration and disappointment in the process. We at Bethel Baptist Church feel that Hebrews 10:25 is essential for us to live according to God’s Word today. When visiting BBC, you will find us to be welcoming through prayer and fellowship, conservative theologically, and traditional musically. However, most importantly you will see that we love Jesus Christ, believe in the authority of the Bible, and believe in serving and reaching out to our community. If you are seeking a church home, we hope and pray that you would consider visiting BBC to see if this is the place where God would want you to worship and serve the Lord.
Statement of Faith
We as a church believe that the Bible is the authoritative Word of God, without error in the original autographs, and that it is relevant for life today. BBC holds the following doctrinal distinctives:
- Belief that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God in its original manuscripts.
- Belief in the triune Creator-God: one in essence, three in persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Belief in the virgin birth, sinless life, the atoning death, the bodily resurrection imminent return and eternal Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Belief in the power and work of the personal Holy Spirit.
- Belief that all people are sinful and separated from the Creator-God both by nature and personal choice.
- Belief that salvation from sin is a gift from God by His grace to every individual, who in repentance, exercises faith in the atoning work of Jesus Christ.
- Belief in the necessity of a distinctively righteous lifestyle of all who profess faith in Jesus Christ.
- Belief in the existence of a personal adversary, whom the Bible identifies as “Satan.”
- Belief in the future bodily resurrection of all people to eternal life or eternal judgment.
- Belief in the separation of church and state.
- Belief in the priesthood and ministry of all believers.
- Belief in the independence and autonomy of the local church.
- Belief in the regular practice of two ordinances: Believer’s baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper as a memorial to the Lord’s death.
We believe that the Bible is God’s Word and that it is an essential part of a life that is pleasing to God and completely fulfilled. Further, we teach that the only way a person can know about God and to reach heaven is through total trust and belief in Jesus Christ, His death on the cross and His resurrection. Because we believe that the Bible is completely true and that it was inspired by God, it is a central part of all the programs here at Bethel Baptist Church. If you are interested in a more detailed discussion of our positions on Biblical doctrine, please ask for a copy of the extensive belief statements or call the church to schedule a meeting with our pastor. (Lee Williams 309-523-3352)
Church Vision and Purpose
The purpose of Bethel Baptist Church shall be to glorify God through worship (John 4:23-24), witness (Acts 1:8), and work (1 Corinthians 15:58).
Our vision is for BBC to be faithful to God through faithfully teaching the Word, consistently reaching our community through outreach, and impacting the world through supporting missions and missionary project both locally and to the ends of the Earth.